Happy Social Media Day 2017
Did you know that earlier this week Facebook hit 2 billion users?! According to Buzzfeed, "That's a little more than the population of China, the US, Mexico, and Japan combined." The 'book reached this milestone just in time for Social Media Day! If you aren't sure how to celebrate our favorite day of the year, don't worry, below we have five ways you can celebrate as a small business!
1. Join Mashable in celebrating by using the hashtag #SMDay and following @MashSMDay on Twitter. Mashable launched Social Media Day eight years ago as a way for the global community to celebrate and recognize the impact social media has had and continues to have. They celebrate the day with hashtags and events that you can partake in, no matter where you are!
2. If you're in the Denver area and want to get more involved consider getting a ticket to Social Media Day Denver: Mile High Influence & Shenanigans with Joel Comm & Kim Garst*. The event is full of great speakers and is promising social media shenanigans to follow. Use hashtag #SMDayDEN to show your support.
3. Reach out to your favorite Social Media Influencer. We all have a favorite Instagram/Twitter/Snapchat account. DM/tweet/snap them and let them know their account has inspired you in one way or another. Even if they don't get back to you, you did what social media is meant to do — connect people to each other!
4. Open a new account. Don't have a Pinterest? Start one! Don't have a Snapchat? Make one! Social media is all about connecting and gaining new ideas and perspectives, and what better way to do that than start a new account? And who knows, it might turn out to be your favorite platform! As a small business social media can be extremely beneficial, even platforms you don't think will yield results can have a huge impact!
5. Hire Wisp Digital to help grow your following! Social media can help your small business grow and managing that can be a full time job, so let us do it for you. You can focus on your business, and we'll focus on your business' social media.
On this Social Media Day 2017 make sure you appreciate social media and all it's done for us. It really has come a long way in connecting us and bringing us closer to other people, places, and ideas!
* At time of writing only 16 tickets to Social Media Day Denver remained! Get your tickets soon!